Sunday, December 19, 2010

Proposed Projects.

Image via here.
I've got to make a few new grazing pens for my rabbits next year. I'm going to buy about five does and when they kindle I keep them in smaller pens, but as soon as they kits eyes open I move them out onto the grass to let them get most of their diet from the grass and whatnot. This past year since I just had the single doe and buck I just used my two grazing pens I used for my chicks before they were old enough to be turned out with the flock. These pens aren't very good for rabbits (the one doesn't have an indoor area, and neither of them have a bottom in them). Rabbits tend to dig, and their predators do too, so I'm thinking something similar to the set up above is what I'm going to go with. I've just got to get out to the shop and start putting something together.

No comments: