Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chow Down.


Photo via Framed Cooks.

I have absolutely become a 'foodie' in the past year. Never did I think I'd be the girl scouring the internet for food blogs and drooling over the beautiful food photography. I envy the bloggers who take amazing photos just for their blog. I usually end up having to go through my archives for a photo of mine that matches the theme of the post. That's something I'm going to try and work harder at this year. I've got to do a better job at taking my camera everywhere with me and actually taking photos with it too. It's a habit I got out of, and that needs to change.

Anyway, back to my post: there are so many amazing food bloggers out there (that's why I started the 'Chow Down' themed weekly post, so I could feature them), and the blog "Framed Cooks" is definitely amazing. The photography alone makes me so jealous. She's one of those bloggers I'm going to try to emulate in the coming year. This is her recipe for "Naked Ravioli" and it looks delicious.

Naked Ravioli via Framed Cooks:

1 Pound ground meat (beef, pork, veal, etc.)
1 Egg
1/4 Cup grated parmesan
1/4 Cup fresh parsley
1/4 Cup chopped onion
1 Pound bow-tie pasta
4 Tablespoons butter
20 Fresh sage leaves
1 Cup frozen peas, thawed
Salt and pepper
Extra grated parmesan for garnish

1. Combine meat, egg, cheese, parsley, and onion. Roll into balls about 1/2 inch in diameter and pop into fridge until ready to use.

2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a tablespoon of salt. Cook meatballs in boiling water for five minutes and remove with a slotted spoon. Put in a bowl and cover to keep warm. Cook pasta in same water until done, adding peas in at last minute of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain.

3. Meanwhile, cook butter and sage leaves in small pot until butter is light brown, about five minutes. Toss pasta and butter mixture, researved meatballs and pasta water to make a light sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Add parmesan and serve.

Sounds delicious.

1 comment:

v3l3nomortale said...

mmmh farfalle piselli e salsiccia ci stanno bene anche i funghi
(trad.) mmmh butterfly pea and sausage there are also good mushrooms (?)