Saturday, November 27, 2010

Compelling Compositions

I found this quote yesterday by Orison Swett Marden:


"We lift ourselves by our thought, we climb upon our vision of ourselves. If you want to enlarge your life, you must first enlarge your thought of it and of yourself. Hold the ideal of yourself as you long to be, always, everywhere--your ideal of what you long to attain--the ideal of health, efficiency, success."



I was curious if books.google.com had anything he'd written because he lived from 1850-1924, and sure enough there were quite a few. It looks like he wrote mostly 'getting what you want out of life' and 'living your best life' type books which I sometimes enjoy reading. They make you feel like you can accomplish anything when you finish them, and I think everybody needs a dose of that now and again.

I am so very busy at the moment that I get overwhelmed some days. I have hopes of becoming even more busy in the coming months (I'm trying to get enough inventory and such to sell at a few festivals next year), so encouragement (even if it's just a quote on the wall) helps a ton.

No comments: