Monday, February 28, 2011

Where I've Been.

Life is very busy. Motherhood takes up 99% of my time, and the other 1% is divided between work, the house, cooking, and farm chores. For instance on Friday we had another litter of kits born. Ten, but one didn't make it. We've got nine healthy beauties though. Their mother is one mean doe, but a very good mother. I'm hoping by the time their eyes open that there will be lots of fresh grass for them to graze on when they transfer to the outdoor moving-pen. Last year I raised two litters this way, and it worked out very well. It makes for healthy, happy rabbits.
One of last year's kits enjoying the fresh air.

Otherwise, we're just trying to keep Joe entertained until the weather improves. She's an outdoorsy girl for sure, and the fact that she can't go outside when the weather is bad is enough to make she and me both get a little stir-crazy. Spring can't get here fast enough. I'm looking forward to some auctions, garage sales, and some warmer weather for sure.

So anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm sorry I've been hiding the past few weeks, but I've got some excuses. I'll get back on the blogging track now.

Chow Down.

Photo via My Recipes with photo credits to Randy Mayor.

Very tasty looking supper idea that arrived in my inbox recently. I thought it was deserving of a blog post. Recipe here.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Real Estate Hankerings.

This week's real estate is in Bloomington, Indiana at 2412 E 4th Street. It's got 3 beds, 1 bath and no true 'walls.' It has really cute kitchen and living areas. I personally thought it looked a bit like a chicken house, which was why I was attracted to it. It's very cute, but alas, I'll never live in town. I wouldn't mind picking it up and putting it on about fifty acres though. Image via

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Amazing Etsy Artist: Sarah Storm.

Etsy, to me, is such an amazing place. Full of incredible artists, photographers, and creative people. It is an inspiration to look at all the wonderful shops that fill the site. One artist that has recently come to my attention (and actually has two shops--what an overachiever) is Sarah Storm. What a nifty name, no?

Her first shop that I'll tell you about is a fine art shop named "Created by Storm." Filled with wonderful watercolor paintings of nature. All sorts of lovely fauna and flora for your enjoyment. Here are a few that caught my eye:

Aren't they beautiful. But painting isn't all that she's capable of. Oh, no, she's also a very talented photographer. Her other etsy shop, which is full of her photographic accomplishments, is aptly named "Taken by Storm." She's so clever. Here are a few of my favorites:

I told you she was amazing, didn't I? She's quite the inspiration. The best part about it, there are even more talented artists to be found on Etsy. More and more join, and start their own shops everyday. I love showing their remarkable work on here, but I do believe you should go and check them out for yourself as well.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Craigslist Cravings.

Got the ceramics itch again. I'd really like to get myself a wheel, and kiln and get back into it. This one was on Craigslist in Bloomington for $600, but I think I can find a better deal someplace else.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Chow Down.

Image via Voodoo & Sauce.

I've been treating our rabbit meat like chicken when I cook it because it's a bit difficult to find any true rabbit recipes other than the usual roasted or fried varieties. Lucky for me it happens to be the year of the rabbit, so a lot of food blogs are writing about new rabbit recipes. This one sounds delicious. A braised rabbit ravioli that was on the Voodoo & Sauce blog. Looks very fancy doesn't it?