Thursday, December 1, 2011

Craigslist Cravings-Reupholster Edition.

I'm going to learn to reupholster someday.  I can't help but wish I already knew how when I come across cheap finds on Craigslist that could use a bit of...well...help. 

This first chair looks very similar to some dining room chairs I got a while back.  I love the lines on it.  I doubt I'd change it much, except it look like the vinyl might be torn on the edge of the seat.  They are asking $10 for it.
Here.

I really like the shape of the back of this chair.  I think it would look great in a neutral fabric or vinyl.  I'd take the skirt off the bottom of it and clean up the lines a bit, but I can see the potential.  Especially for $20.
Here.
Gotta love burnt orange, but again the lines are there.  I'd take the skirt off and get new foam for the cushion.  This puppy is only $10.
Here.
 Lastly this one definitely needs a bit of love.  The skirt needs to come off and the old fabric ripped off, but can't you see it with a nice new fabric on it?  Again only $10. 
Here.
How I wish we had some workspace for me to tinker on something like that.  For $50 plus fabric I could have potentially three livingroom chairs and a dining chair.  For the price I could afford to try, right?  The best part is that they are all at the same dealer's shop in Brazil, Indiana.  Sigh, let's just hope in a couple years steals like this will still be out there.

No comments: