Monday, February 20, 2012

Gotta Make Something Soon.

I saw this diy on Design*Sponge the other day and it really got my creative spark going.  I like the map idea, but how cool would it be if your shoved the slats together first and painted an original work of art like a neat portrait or landscape before your separated it slightly.
Via Design*Sponge.

Or even better, get a print of one of your favorite works of art blown up extra large and paste it to the boards before separating them.  I think my photograph "Holding" would be a great candidate for a slatted format.  You'd still see the image, but it would be slightly abstracted.  

"Holding" by Me.
An old advertisement would look nifty segmented like that too.  Such as this label from LABELSTONE on Etsy.
Bronco Buster Crate Label via LABELSTONE on Etsy.

No comments: