Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What does it mean?

"I Can't Be Dreaming" by Me.
From as far back as I can remember I've had this strange pull, this pang in my heart, that randomly happens when I'm going down the road.  It can be triggered by lots of different things--a woodsy smell, sunlight filtering through the trees and onto the road, the way a certain road curves out of sight, a fencepost.  It's such a strange feeling, as if I'm remembering something, but I only get flashes.  Blips of pictures.  I don't know what it means.

I'd love to find the place that I long for.  It seems be in the middle of nowhere, forgotten, with that perfect rustic, wild, just rained, woodsy, dirt smell.  The winding road falling at it's feet.  An overgrown driveway.  A farmhouse grayed to perfection.  Perhaps it's just a dream I've had that realizes itself every once in a while in real life.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Asera Rain said...

I have those moments too.. I never know if it's the daydreamer in me or deja vu. Either way it sounds like a poetic experience.