Thursday, May 29, 2014

Illinois Gallivant and Updates.

When I took my artwork to The Open Gallery last week, I decided to celebrate with a gallivant in Illinois.  One of the first towns I came across was Bird.  It was sort of a ghost town, but still lovely and every street had a bird name.
Road Signs in Bird, Illinois.

I also drove through Palestine, and they had (at one time) and Opera House, how amazing is that?!


Fife Opera House, Palestine, Illinois.

My favorite part about any gallivant are the forgotten and rundown places.  This church wasn't as dilapidated as most that I photograph, but I thought it was interesting.


Abandoned Church on a Back Road in Illinois.

This grain elevator caught my eye from clear across the town of Palestine.


Grain Elevator, Palestine, Illinois.

On the home front, Joelee is growing like a weed.  She has matured so much these past few months.  Most days now she can be found (usually barefoot) outside playing on her swing, or hauling her poor kitten around under one arm.  It is amazing how much I love this no-so-little girl.


Joelee a little over four and a half years old.

And I don't think I ever wrote about it, but directly after my grandfather passed away last year, this Hollyhock started growing near our kitchen door.  It might not be that shocking, except we don't have ANY Hollyhocks on the property or nearby that I know of, and Hollyhocks were one of his most favorite flowers.  It's looking like it might bloom on the anniversary of his death.

My mysterious Hollyhock.

And it happens to be my favorite time of year.  The Catalpa trees are blooming.  They have always been my favorite tree, and seeing them bloom every year makes me so happy.


Catalpa Trees are blooming.

In one week and one day is my Art Show's Artist Reception.  It is such a dream come true to have a solo show, and I'm really looking forward to getting to witness other people looking at my artwork.

If you are in the Vincennes area next Friday, stop by The Open Gallery at 329 Main Street, Vincennes, IN from 5-8pm.  I'd love to see you.

No comments: