Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Forgot to Say I Bought Some Chicks.

About three weeks ago I bought a box of eleven Light Brahma chicks at Dinky's (our local Auction Barn). They are getting big in a hurry. They mature to about ten pound hens and almost thirteen pound roosters. Very nice birds. We had them when I was a kid.

I've also been on the look out for Flemish Giant rabbits while I've been down there, but can't seem to stay long enough to watch them sell. I hold out until about 9:30, and they are still nowhere close to being ready to sell them, so I give up and go home. Someday soon though, let's hope.
At any rate, I'm still moving forward on my dreams. This little girl in my belly is a big dream of mine and I'm really glad it's coming true. She'll have a life kids' will envy--filled with livestock, dogs, cats, and plenty of outdoors that for sure.

No comments: