Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We're Having a GIRL!!

My wishes came true. We're having a little girl (as per the ultrasound technician's guess anyway). I'm really excited. I've been so busy just trying to keep up with this house and normal stuff (you get tired so easy, who knew), that my blogging and business endeavor's have been hurt a bit.


Just a quick thought on some plans for the nursery. We're going to be putting barnwood on one wall of the room for sure.

I want some kind of unique, industrial type, lighting--like this one from pottery barn kids, I believe. Plenty of art, old photographs, and shelves on the walls for nature finds. I want the paint on the walls to look old--so I think I'll either paint the walls a light turquoise and then put some dark turquoise in the corners and leech them out into the room to give it an aged effect, or try to mimic this:
A turquoise color with a light brown aging somehow. I think this came from Ann Wood's blog. Otherwise I just want a room that is enfused with Science, History, Agriculture, Art, Nature, and Heroes and Heroines. A kid's room where they can dream. We'll see what we end up with.

No comments: