Thursday, July 9, 2009

A look at the livestock.

An abstracted view of Ace, but he's still a very handsome boy. He keeps me company and is a big sweetie--he just turned a year old last month, and is just starting to look like an adult dog instead of a gangly puppy. The chicks are growing up. This was taken two weeks ago, but it's proof that they are beginning to look like real chickens instead of birds with fluff falling off and bald spots...which all chicks have to go through--quite an ugly rite of passage.
Did you know that goats dance? These were our two whether goats--I ended up giving them back to the family we got them from. My husband decided they were too much work for me while I was pregnant--they were severely human dependent when they went out to pasture to graze--so as much as I hated to admit it, he was right. They were really funny though always trying to get to the tree leaves. Don't worry there are more goats in my future--I can feel it.
I am happy that my only real chores involve the chickens, the dogs, and the horses. As little as that is--it wears me out. Next year though there will be a generous increase in all livestock species I hope.


No comments: