Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My New Love--PLUMS!

So, my wonderful-used to be-painting professor Ms. DeLap, her husband Prof. J, and I had a wonderful visit on Wednesday. They gave me a box of plums and I've made eight loaves of wonderful Plum Quickbread--the recipe I kind of tweeked. This is what I used:

Ingredients:
1 C. Sugar
3/4 C. Packed Brown Sugar
3/4 C. Oil
1 Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 C. All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 C. Buttermilk
2 C. Pitted, Chopped Plums

Topping:
1-1/2 Teaspoons Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
Pecans Chopped

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Alternately add parts of the flour mixture and buttermilk to the sugar mixture. Add in Plums. Pour into two greased loaf pans. Sprinkle desired amount of pecans to the top of the batter (I cover the top lightly), then sprinkle the combined sugar and cinnamon on top of the loaves and bake at 350-degrees for about an hour. Cool on wire rack.

No comments: