Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Very Yummy Supper.

I found this recipe a few weeks ago and saved it back because it sounded delicious--and believe me it was. As always I changed a bunch of things so my version isn't exactly the same as the given recipe. However my cakes looked just as perfect as the image Martha had, although I served mine with Orzo pasta that I cooked in homemade beef broth with mushrooms. Very tasty.
Image via Martha Stewart
My version is below.
Fish Cakes
(makes 14 cakes)
1 large Amberjack Filet--mine still had the skin on it
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
4 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
3 Tbsp. Mayo
14 Tbsp. Seasoned Breadcrumbs
A few dashes Tabasco Sauce
A few shakes Onion Powder
A tiny bit of salt
Then I just followed the directions of the other recipe. I froze 8 of them and served 6 last night. The ones I saved back froze very nicely, and will make us a quick meal some other night soon. It was a very simple recipe that I highly recommend. The serving size is two cakes, but they were so good I ate 3...oops. I would've photographed them, but last night we had a Tornado Warning with a hefty storm during supper and since my camera was in our house and I was over at my mother-in-laws I decided against running through the heavy rains with the Digital Rebel just to make record of our food--maybe next time. The only reason I used Amberjack instead of Cod is that my dad had caught the Amberjack on a fishing trip and brought us some a while back--in other words--I used it because that's what I had. It was a perfect fish for the cakes though--it flaked wonderfully.
If you try out the recipe tell me what you think, okay?

No comments: