Friday, July 9, 2010

Big Girl Potties and County Fair Time.

Joe has been using the potty for over a month now. I'm not trying to 'potty train' her, but I'm just laying out some ground training. She wakes up dry, so I bought the potty and from the first time I put her on it--she seemed to understand and peed. I praised her a ton, and so we keep doing the same. She can't tell me when she needs to go yet, so we still have wet diapers, but there are a lot less of them than there were. People are shocked that I even tried her on the potty at 7 months, but I've heard of people starting kids at 6 weeks--that to me is a bit extreme, but as I said I just did this on a whim, and she understood, so I have kept it up. If she would've gotten upset or not taken to it, then I would've put the potty away until she was a bit older. I just got lucky.

Our County Fair starts this weekend. I'm entering some photographs in the open class this year, and I'm nervous as could be. When I was in 4-H I never entered any artistic projects. I focused on my cattle and that was it. This means I'm stepping WAY out of my comfort zone. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: