Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Beginnings.


Barn Southeast of Bloomfield, Indiana.


Joe is over 9 months old now. That means almost eighteen months ago I first jumped into this crazy mess that is entrepreneurship. Where my business is currently is a far cry from what I thought it would be by this time, but instead of looking at it as a negative, I'm turning it into a jumping off point. Joe is getting more independent, and a lot more cooperative (she is currently taking a nap by me just laying her down instead of being rocked--a big step for both of us), so I am letting the business come back into the light a bit.


The Gallivanting Girl has been a lifelong dream. Selling my art, traveling the county roads looking for a story or a photograph or a great antique, all with auction and yardsale fodder in the back of my truck. I'm finally getting there. I'm so excited to be able to say--yep, I'm living my dreams. This house, this farm, my husband, my daughter, all of it has seemed to be right out of my journal as a kid. I wrote about every piece of my dream life and now it's a reality. How great is that? Now all I need is to make The Gallivanting Girl into what I always wrote it to be.


Yesterday I wrote down a bit of a re-vamp list of things I need to start doing in order to help push myself forward. I printed it out, along with an amazing inspirational quote I found and tacked them up on my newly cleaned off desk. Joe and I are going to be two very busy girls from here on out. I've got projects lined up, and auctions to check out, and photographs to edit. It's going to be magnificent.


I'll write more later, hopefully, but I've got a touch of housework to finish up with before Joe wakes up. Just thought I'd write a quick post letting everybody know that I'm finally getting a true chance at getting my business off the ground--and I've got VERY high hopes.

No comments: