Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Perfect Gallivant.

One of the views from yesterday.
Yesterday, my daughter asked to go for a ride in the truck (which is two-year-old code for I'm sleepy but don't want to admit it).  So, I grabbed my camera and we headed down the road.  She was out cold immediately and I pulled my camera out and got to work.

Sometimes a perfect combination happens on a gallivant.  The weather is just right (cue Amos Lee's "Windows Are Rolled Down"), the roads line out just perfect (I never hit a highway or a dead end), and the scenery is straight out of my dreams (like the photograph I took above).  I drove fifty miles total yesterday and was at no time any farther than ten miles away from my house.  I found a bunch of roads I'd never been on before (a rare occasion for me).  So many beautiful abandoned farms that my heart ached for the money to breathe life back into each one.

Rolling pastures and gravel roads.  Life doesn't get any better than that.

I felt like a million bucks when I pulled back into my driveway.

Now I just need to find the time to edit my photos and we'll be set.

No comments: