I was nominated this week by two lovely blogs to receive the Liebster Award. What a great way to wrap up my fantastic 2012 year. A kind thank you to Kim Wagner Designs and Flowerland, I'm honored.
What is the Liebster Award? I'll tell you:
The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite,” so this is kind of like the “favorite blog award.” It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I feel as if I should've been born in the early 1900s or before.
- I have called my daughter 'Hoot' since she was born, but honestly can't remember what originally brought on the nickname.
- A spring morning when it has rained the night before is the most fantastic thing to me.
- I have trained numerous cattle to be broke to ride like horses and even had a couple that would bow.
- Books, music, and movies can vastly affect my mood, (sad songs can make me sad, feel good movies can make me feel I can take on the world, etc.).
- I refuse to drive in snow or icy conditions.
- I have an annoying issue of not being able to make intelligent sounding sentences when I'm nervous. I know what I'd like to say, but the words elude me when I go to speak.
- I'm interested in almost every subject you can think of.
- I would've stayed in college forever if I could've.
- I love all genres of music from classical to rock to some rap to folk to jazz to swing.
- I can't dance, but I love to dance around the house when I'm alone--I look a bit simple, but I enjoy myself.
My Questions from Kim:
1. If you could posses any talent what would it be?
To be in multiple places at once. I have so much I'd like to get done in a day, but never seem to have the time.
2. What is your favorite place in the whole world?
I truly love our little farm, and it is probably my favorite place. The state of Texas is a very close second.
3. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring. Growing up on my Grandpa's farm that was always such a fun time. Lots of baby livestock of various kinds, the catalpa trees blooming, etc. Now it's all recreated on my farm for my daughter to enjoy.
4. Do you speak any foreign languages? Which ones?
I speak just a skosh of Spanish because of high school, but I'd like to learn one.
5. Do you play any instruments?
I own a banjo, but can't play. I can play simple tunes on the piano, but nothing major. Another thing I'd like to learn.
6. If you could time-travel to any year in the past or future what year would you travel to and why?
Um, I'd say 1920. Just a very interesting time period to me. I enjoy photographs from that time very much.
7. Do you have a mentor or person you most admire? If so, who?
I have a lot of artists that I admire greatly. Leah Giberson has been kind enough to give me some pointers, and Charlotte of Painting Well has become a art-linked friend as well.
8. Coffee or Tea?
I drink Green Tea with Honey every morning. Never liked coffee much.
9. If you could transform into an animal which animal would you like to be?
I'd say a little song sparrow. It would be a nice life to sing pretty songs and fly around in the sky.
10. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is New Years--I know that's technically not a holiday per se, but to me it's a fresh start and I always set tons of goals that I strive to achieve during the following year. It's a fun, clean slate.
11. What is the best museum you've ever visited?
The Buckhorn Museum in San Antonio, Texas. My husband and I went there while we were on our honeymoon. It's filled with atypical taxidermy mounts, and cowboy memorabilia. I found it incredibly interesting.
My Questions from Flowerland:
1-What is your zodiac sign?
2-If you have to go on a desert island and to take with you just three things, what would you take?
I'd have to say my kid, my husband, and a cache of heirloom seeds. I think we'd get along just fine.
3-Do you smoke?
4-Your favorite food?
Nachos with black beans, spinach, cheese, salsa and guacamole.
5-Your favorite super hero? Why?
I like the Iron Man movies, so I'll say him.
6-Have you a lucky number? Which is it?
Number 4, it's the day I was born, and it's always been pretty lucky for me.
7-Sea or mountain?
I'll say sea, but I only stay on the beach--I don't like open water.
8-Your favorite animal?
Cattle. They have tons of personality, and I've had some great steers as pets growing up.
9-Are you a fashion victim?
Oh yes, I wear the same jeans, boots, tank, and 'old man-snap up shirt' almost daily. I'd like to be fashionable though, and I hope to change things up a bit in the coming year.
10-Have you a recurring dream?
I often dream about the farm where I grew up. Usually there are tons of horses there and I spend the whole dream walking amongst them and riding them and it's boring but definitely a great dream.
11-What is your favorite transport?
I loved my first truck I had, I wish I still had a truck like him. He was a breeze to drive, big, and I felt all tough when I drove him. Tons of miles were spent behind the wheel exploring the backroads with my camera.
11 Winners I've Chosen:
- What is one of your goals for 2013?
- What was your favorite memory of 2012?
- What is your favorite song?
- If you had a million dollars to spend, what would be the first thing you'd buy?
- What is your most defining quality or characteristic?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- Do you have any pets?
- Favorite movie?
- Who is your artistic hero?
- Favorite state/country/place you've been?
- Favorite color?