Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Orchard has been Ordered.

Last night we ordered what will be the start of our orchard.

2 Apple Trees
2 Peach Trees
2 Grape Vines
4 Blueberry Bushes
3 Raspberry Bushes
25 Strawberry Plants

In the coming years we'll add Apricots, Cherries, Plums, and Pears to the orchard too.

I'm really excited!

At Dinky's on Friday there were a lot of kid goats. Makes a girl wish she had one of her own. It's hard to take a chance on one at the auction because they rarely show them suckle a bottle, and guaranteed the one I would buy would end up not wanting to take a bottle. There were a couple that were weaning size (which actually go cheaper than the "cute" bottle babies, but are a lot less risky), but I don't want to spring one on my husband just yet. The chicks are still 1-2 bucks a piece, so I didn't buy anything but some rabbit feeders that went really cheap.

No comments: