Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Projects to do if this kid is a GIRL...

I know it's selfish, but secretly I'm hoping this little rolling, tiny ball inside me is female. Not because I think little boys are gross and dirty--because, believe me, I DO NOT want a girlie-girl. I want a rough-and-tumble tomboy who is an all American Farm Girl like I was. No I think the reason I want a girl is mostly to decorate her room. If this kid is a boy I'm going to be clueless on how to make a cool 'boy's room'--BUT--I have tons of ideas for a really neat 'girl's room'--for instance:

I found this project on Two Brunettes' Blog:



Easy enough--just a butterfly punch and magazines to punch from and a frame to put them in when you've punched enough of them--quite a statement.

The second project is to paint yet another "Rosie the Riveter" (since I gave the first one I did to a friend) because I feel it's important to let your kid know from an early age that they can do ANYTHING they can dream of if they just push themselves--to see my monochromatic original "Rosie" painting that I did scroll down a few posts below this one.

No comments: