Thursday, April 14, 2011

My New Grazing Pen.

I still need to paint the exposed wood, but I think it is lovely. It has a chain-link bottom on it, so hopefully I don't have to worry about rabbits digging out or predators digging in. My husband built it from scratch, so I'm really impressed.
It has wheels that come down when you move it, and then go up when you park it. You can see my other makeshift grazing pens in the background. My young does are in the newest pen, I've got a six-month old buck in the white pen and then three young bucks in the short, long pen. All the boys are for sale if you're interested.
The girls seem to like it. They've been staying in it since Tuesday morning. I don't leave the others out at night because their pens don't have bottoms on them. No reason to risk it.

No comments: