Monday, April 11, 2011

Seeds Started, Grazing Pen Completed.

Image via "Google" whilst searching "Victory Gardens."
I think "Victory Gardens" should make a comeback. Not just because I'm obsessed with what goes into my food, but because as a nation we are struggling. I have gotten most of my seeds started for the year. Lots of dry beans, a few flowers, green beans, peas, plus I'll plant some tomatoes, onions, carrots, broccoli, spinach, and a few other things later today.

My absolutely amazing husband built me an immaculate grazing pen. I just wanted a rabbit grazing pen with a bottom on it so that I don't have to worry about them digging out. He went above and beyond that. This sucker has wheels, fancy doors, mechanisms--crazy engineering genius. My husband is wonderful...now he just has to make four more so that I can put all my does in them for the summer. I'll post some photos when it's not raining. It is so neat.

PS--I've only got 3 buck kits left to sell if anybody wants them...ten dollars a piece. Two dark gray with dark points and 1 white with dark points and red eyes. Plus, a six-month old buck who is cream with dark points and red eyes. He'd make a wonderful pet. I'm keeping his sisters for does, so I need an unrelated buck and can't keep him.

No comments: