Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Could Live in Croatia.

I hadn't had a chance to check out Virtual Paintout for a couple of months.  I participated a while back, and I hope to again soon.  Essentially, a part of the world is chosen, and using Google StreetView you explore the area, and find a composition to paint (it's a lot of fun).  They change destinations each month, so I'm going to wait until November to participate again.  October's destination is Croatia, so I thought I would explore a bit for the fun of it.  The abandoned farmhouses are pulling at my heartstrings something fierce.  They are beautiful.

This little shack might have been a shed, but I think it was a home.

Via Google Maps.  You can find it here.

And this house is really interesting because part of the facing has fallen off and you can see how it was built.

Via Google Maps.  You can find it here.

This building appears to have a house above, and barn space below.  Note the chickens and ramp up to the little doorway a la chicken coop style.
Via Google Maps.  You can find it here.

A lot of the properties have fences that surround the house and barns, and gates at the road.  They have my perfect set up.  The rustic-ness of the architecture makes me swoon.

Via Google Maps.  You can find it here.

I am going to continue to look around, but I'll quit this post here.  If I don't, I fear that this post may have fifty pictures before it's said and done.

No comments: