Monday, May 3, 2010

After the Storm.

On Saturday night I was apparently dreaming about a tornado heading to our area. I woke up to a loud thunderclap and then rolling thunder directly afterward. Needless to say I thought it was a tornado and I jumped out of bed, ready to grab my daughter and run downstairs. I was yelling, "Train!" (meaning it sounded like a train, meaning tornado, but my husband had no idea what I was screaming about). He grabbed me and jerked me back onto the bed and held me trying to get me to calm down. He was probably figuring I was still dreaming or something. This all happened in a matter of seconds, and although it surely isn't as funny to read as it is to look back on--it was quite an interesting episode. Needless to say it was just a thunderstorm and everything is fine and dandy. I'm still rather impressed by my husband's quick actions, and my daughter's deep sleeping skills. She didn't even move a muscle through the whole ordeal. Sigh, at least I know if there ever is a need to jump to my daughter's rescue I'll be ready.

No comments: