Saturday, May 1, 2010

Going Short.

On Friday I decided to chop off all my hair--shorter than I've ever had it cut. Pretty much a boy cut, but I like the way it turned out. Something different--that's what I was wanting. I've always played it safe with my hair, and decided to be adventurous and just choose a gutsy hairstyle and go with it. The poor girl at the salon that had to cut my hair wasn't very confident and it was all I could do to make her believe me that I wanted it short. She actually didn't cut it as short as I wanted, but I really do like it. I'll post pictures soon.

My reasoning behind the 'boy cut' is that Joe had taken to tugging on my hair, and I was always tying back anyway, so I just said the heck with it and--ta-dah--I now have a lot less hair. A sad realization though--I've got lots of grey hair. When it was long I never noticed, but I looked at my part last night in the mirror and was astonished by the number of white strands that were before me. Sigh, I'm only 24, but alas I feel old.

Until Next Time,
Julia.

No comments: