Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An Artist to Swoon Over: Nancy Ramirez.

I don't know if it's just because I'm an artist, or a visual person, or what, but I can tell immediately if I like a piece of art or not.  It's a split second judgement, and one I've found to be completely out of my control.  I'll either be attracted to it, or it won't catch my eye at all.  Nancy's work is definitely in the first category.  She has a shop, {COZAMIA}, and if you don't already know about it, then your welcome in advance.


Blossom Trellis

Such vibrant colors and eye catching patterns make me go weak in the knees.  That is probably a surprise to some because I usually work in muted tones or even black and white.  I admire what I'm not, I guess is the best way to look at it.  My favorites (they all are fantastic), seem to have strong turquoise and pink tendencies.
Electric Garden (Turquoise)
 I came across her work a few months ago, my first contact being with the "Wild Herringbone in Pink," and audibly said "Oooh."  Then I went to her shop and that was followed by much more "oohs and ahhs."  
Brittle Stars Raspberry
 I am impressed with the variation in her work.  I always seem to get stuck in "rural-themed" or "historical-themed" collections.  Her work does have a somewhat collective color scheme, which is great because you can buy up all her work and have a cohesive grouping even if they don't have the same subject matter.
Color Migration Blue
 Over at {COZAMIA} she's holding a giveaway until December 4, which I'm very un-secretly hoping to win.  I want a huge print (I'm leaning toward the "Night Peonies" in  blue below or the Blossom Trellis which is the first image), in order to hang it up on our soon to be walls after the drywaller comes through in a couple months.
Night Peonies (Blue)
Now I'm telling you about the giveaway because I'm truly a good person (and I do hope all of you enter), but I may be a bit saddened if you are the person that happens to be the winner instead of me.  I'm only human.  If you feel so inclined you can always enter and then send the print my way.  I would do quite the little happy dance for that.

Wild Herringbone in Pink
So, this big long ramble is just to give you a little heads up about a great artist that you should know about.  She has a facebook page, and a blog too if you feel so inclined as to check her out further (and I hope you do).  Good luck if you enter the giveaway, and I hope you enjoy her work as much as I do.

No comments: