Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chow Down: Ugly Cookies

Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies (AKA Ugly Cookies) via Me.
So, I was wanting some chocolate, but didn't feel like absolutely sabotaging my progress with a batch of chocolate chip cookies or a pan of brownies.  Instead I was wanting something between a carrot cake and oatmeal cookie.  I found this recipe via Allrecipes.com, but of course I tweaked it like I always do.  These cookies are very filling, aren't overly sweet, and they satisfied my chocolate needs perfectly, but they aren't very pretty.  They are lumpy and chocked full of random ingredients, so I've renamed them accordingly.

Ugly Cookies (1/2 batch) makes 16 cookies.

1 Egg
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Maple Syrup
1/6 C. Milk
1/6 C. Olive Oil
1 C. Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Baking Soda
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 C. Chocolate Chips
1/2 C. Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 C. Finely Shredded Carrots
1/4 C. Finely Shredded Apple
1/8 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 C. Almonds
1/2 C. Puffed Brown Rice

In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, milk, oil, and vanilla.  Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg; add to egg mixture.  Stir in chips, oats, carrots, apple, almonds, and puffed rice.  Drop by the heaping tablespoon onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.  Bake at 350-degrees for 10-13 minutes.

Enjoy.

No comments: