Sunday, October 31, 2010

Proposed Projects.

USDA

joeseppi.etsy.com
joeseppi.etsy.com
joeseppi.etsy.com

USDA

I'd like to do some design work. Something creative. Thanks to a very dear professor I had in college (Prof. Pravin Sevak), I enjoyed design class a lot, but I haven't had a chance to do much since I graduated. I'd like to do a group of posters advocating my beliefs of growing your own food and such, but make them look like propaganda posters. I googled "Victory Garden Posters" and found a lot of great examples. There was even an artist who created his own art project posing as revitalized victory garden campaign posters (which are available on etsy). Otherwise the images above are all from World War II's campaign. I'd like to just play with some designs and perhaps make them into full size posters for my daughter's room or even the kitchen. Aren't they neat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many of the posters above are from World War I. You can learn more about them here: http://www.good-potato.com/beans_are_bullets