Monday, October 11, 2010

Thinking about Writing.


I get The Writer's Almanac sent to my inbox, and Sunday was the birthday of playwright Harold Pinter. He was quoted as saying,

"You do have a leash as a writer. You're holding a dog. The great excitement is to see what happens if you let the whole thing go. And the dog or the character runs about, bites everyone in sight, jumps up trees, falls into lakes, gets wet, and you let that happen. That's the excitement of writing plays."

I am gearing up to write for National Novel Writing Month which is November. I love the fact that writing (good or bad) is yours. Your idea, your brain, your words. The crazy stories running around in my head have been finding their way to paper for years, and I'm hoping to pen one that is at least 175 pages or 50,000 words (which is the goal of NaNoWriMo). I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: