Monday, March 28, 2011

Chow Down: Tonight's Supper.

I dove into my meal tonight without the slightest thought to how pretty it was, or how ideal it would've been to put it on here for my "Chow Down" entry. Our supper was: Baked Rabbit Thighs, Roasted Red Potatoes, and Mushroom and Brown Rice Casserole. Very tasty and quite healthy.

The rabbit is doused with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a deep baking dish and placed in the oven at 375-degrees F. Then you chop up your potatoes and get your water going (2 cups) for your rice. Put the cut potatoes in a baking dish and douse them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic powder. Place them in the oven as well. Add a chicken bouillon cube to the water, and when it begins to boil add your rice (I use brown), cover and let it simmer until almost done. While you wait chop up half an onion and get it cooking in a couple tablespoons butter. Chop up 3-4 baby portobello mushrooms and 3-4 button mushrooms, and a clove of garlic. When the onion has went translucent add the mushrooms and allow them to brown. Remove from heat and scrape into casserole dish. Add 2 dollops of sour cream, 2 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese, and two slices of provolone cheese torn into tiny bits. Stir all of this together, then add the rice and stir again. Finally add a bit more Parmesan cheese to the top and place in the oven with the other dishes (the rabbit has been in at least a half an hour and the potatoes about twenty minutes). Let them cook another ten minutes and you've got yourself an amazing meal.

Next time I'll try to curb my appetite just long enough to snap a photo or two, I promise, or at least I'll do my best.

No comments: