Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lots of Yumminess.

At the moment I've got granola cooling on the stove, flatbread dough rising on the back porch, broccoli and spaghetti cooking for my lunch, and I can't wait to eat it all.

I wanted to share a great granola recipe (although I don't use the exact recipe), we've been eating at least one batch a week for the past month.
Image via Kitchn.

The basic recipe I follow is:
3 Cups Old Fashion Oats
1 Cup Slivered Almonds
1 Cup Puffed Brown Rice
3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 300-degrees. Mix all ingredients in large bowl. If you want loose granola place mixture as is onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. If you'd rather have clusters then take an egg white and whip it until foamy and add into the mixture before placing on the sheet. Bake for 45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes. After last stir take spatula or spoon and press granola into cookie sheet to create a mat of granola. Take granola from oven and cool completely. The longer you let it cool the better clumps you'll get.

No comments: