Friday, September 4, 2009

Lotta Books!!

I love book sales--I couldn't help myself--5 books for a dollar? Come on. This is what I found:

Single Jack by: Max Brand
Larabee of Big Spring by: Chuck Stanley
The Girl by: Catherine Cookson
Jubilee by: Margaret Walker
Whip Hand by: Dick Francis
Decider by: Dick Francis--which I already had at home (oops).
Come to Grief by: Dick Francis--which I already had at home too (oops).
To the Lighthouse by: Virginia Woolf
Daybreak by: Frank G. Slaughter
So Dear to My Heart by: Sterling North
The Charmed Circle by: Catherine Gaskin
Show World by: Wilton Barnhardt
The Friendly Persuasion by: Jessamyn West
Wrack and Rune by: Charlotte MacLeod
Eight Little Piggies by: Stephen Jay Gould
Wandering Through Winter by: Edwin Way Teale
The Fields of Noon by: Sheila Burnford
My Family and Other Animals by: Gerald Durrell
The Greening of America by: Charles A. Reich
North with the Spring by: Edwin Way Teale
Spoon River Anthology by: Edgar Lee Masters
Ragtime by: E. L. Doctorow
Let it Rot by: Stu Campbell
Heroes, Outlaws & Funny Fellows of American Popular Tales by: Olive Beaupre Miller

At any rate I think I found lots of potentially good books and authors--I'm looking forward to reading them. I love my library collection--friends come over to get books to read--I'm glad I'm known as the 'book girl'--reading is a nice time passer.

No comments: