Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yummy Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin Bread
(this is the recipe that I went off of)**
1-3/4 C. pureed pumpkin
1-1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, softened
3 eggs
3-4 C. flour
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 C. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, and eggs and mix until creamy. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips. Mix 3 cups of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then mix as much of the 4th cup in as necessary to achieve a moist, but thick batter. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased muffin tins or loaf pans. Bake on center rack for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
**I didn't measure anything exact (I never do), and the bread came out perfect. I also added some ginger and vanilla to the recipe since I thought they sounded good.
I'm also proud to say that I grew the pumpkins myself and got the eggs from my hens--makes everything taste better when it's not store bought!
I ended up with 2 loaves--I froze this one because I've eaten almost the whole first loaf by myself and I figured I didn't need to eat both.

No comments: