Monday, October 5, 2009

Amazing Etsy Painters -- rozart.etsy.com

Another artist who grabbed my attention a little bit ago was rozart.etsy.com, she also has a website drunkencows.com. What draws me to her work is two-fold, I really enjoy the subject matter she chooses because I live on a farm and can relate, AND I am very envious of her application of paint. I'm too calculated when I paint--for some reason I can't just loosen up and put in that playfulness that she achieves. The three that I've chosen to illustrate this post are all so beautiful I can't even begin to choose a favorite (although she's after my heart with the "Cow 177" because it looks an awful lot like a Brown Swiss). The colors in the landscape are breathtaking and the painting of the bees is very dynamic with the movement of the paint; you expect them to swarm at any minute. Her shop is filled with works all as wonderful as these, so I hope you will stop by and take a look."Landscape 87""Cow 177"

"Bee 9"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon this site when I was looking for inspiration for the painting I sent you (animals are just not my thing). But I loved it just as much as you did. And I think it helped a lot. Hopefully not too much. P.S. Letter is in the mail.
Joy

Julia Wright said...

I can definitely see the similarities between her work and my birthday present--and yay for letter in the mail!