Thursday, October 1, 2009

Quite the Shock.

Seems like just yesterday I was reading this test, and now...
I had a routine doctor's appointment yesterday and they checked to see if I was dilated and where the baby was positioned. The doctor was just as shocked as I was when he felt that I was already 2 centimeters dilated, solid zero station (meaning she's not floating around but is engaged in my pelvis), and my cervix was very soft--he told me to make an appointment for next week, but he said I'd probably see him before then. We might be meeting our baby earlier than the due date.

I figured he'd say "Oh, you've not started to change much, but you've got plenty of time." At the same time, I knew she'd changed position because my belly disappeared overnight, and I was feeling quite a bit of pressure. Just never would've imagined that I could be close to giving birth. Today I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my body continues to change nice and smoothly and active labor starts in the next couple of days.

So, if you don't hear from me for a bit--I'm bringing another life into this world, but I've got lots more amazing artists to show you when I get back. Keep me in your thoughts!!

No comments: