Friday, October 2, 2009

One of my favorite things.

I love anything from the past--books of course are my weakness. Since my house is overflowing with books, I was elated when I found books.google.com a few years back. It is a search engine with tons of books available for full view--many of which you can download and read as a .pdf file. My favorites are the photography magazines (such as the Photographic Times--whose editions start in the late eighteen hundreds and end in the early nineteen hundreds), and a new addition to their site Life Magazine (starting in the mid-thirties to the early seventies). There are also lots of wonderful novels (featuring a lot of the classics) and poetry to peruse. Also I've found a lot of nonfiction books dealing with agriculture and housekeeping that are a lot of fun to browse. So if you have some extra time I highly suggest taking a look around that search engine--I know I don't get a lot of things done because I end up over there for hours. Not so bad when you're just waiting around to go into labor (which, by the way, I've been trying to keep my mind off of for a while). It's hard to stay focused when the doctor tells you it could be at any time and then NOTHING HAPPENS. Alas, I'll just keep myself busy working on little things that need to be done and let nature take its course. I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!! Oh and please be sure to tell me what you think of books.google.com--I hope you like it as much as I do.From a 1936 Life MagazineFrom Cyclopedia of Farm Animals (1922)

From The Photographic Times (1905)

1 comment:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi There
Just came across to your blog from Jennifer's [J Beaudet Studios]
I love Jennifer's 'blue' images also and am also the lucky owner of one of her oil paintings.

Well just been reading through a little of your blog and see you may be off doing world changing things like .. giving life. Very exciting for you.. best wishes. Julie