Monday, September 3, 2012

Where I've Been.

Sorry for the long absence.  I've been a very busy girl this summer.  Our bottom story has been completely gutted, insulated, drywalled, and is almost done being painted.  My birthday (and numerous days before and after) was spent on the scaffolding painting primer onto our ceilings and belting out various songs way too loudly and out of tune.
Photo of me hard at work, taken by my two-year-old daughter.
I'm just about sick of painting walls, but the house looks completely different.  I just wanted to apologize for my lengthy disappearance and let you know about my house and about my 365 project for the coming year.  I've been painting a painting a day on a standard sized playing card.  Granted I'm behind already (after painting walls all day long, the last thing I've wanted to do was anything with a paintbrush).  But, I'll be catching back up as soon as the house is done being painted.

Here is an example of one of the portraits I've done:

You can find other finished pieces here, in my new shop for my original pieces:  JuliaWrightArt.

So, now that the summer is winding down, I hope to get back to work on my art, and blog, and fun stuff again.

Stick with me.

No comments: