Friday, September 28, 2012

Bloomington Red Cross Book Sale!

My mother-in-law, daughter, and I ventured to the annual American Red Cross Book Sale.  I'd never been before, but had always wanted to go.  You have my attention when you say the word "book."  I spent twenty bucks (more than I'd intended to), but I got quite a few books that I'm excited to read.

  1. Julie & Julia - Julie Powell
  2. Pigs in Heaven - Barbara Kingsolver
  3. The Lacuna - Barbara Kingsolver
  4. The Adventures of Augie March - Saul Bellow
  5. Field of Thirteen - Dick Francis
  6. We Are Still Married - Garrison Keillor
  7. Happy To Be Here - Garrison Keillor x2 (oops).
  8. WLT (A Radio Romance) - Garrison Keillor
  9. Water For Elephants - Sara Gruen
  10. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
  11. The Road to Wellville - T. Coraghessan Boyle
And of course, I get home and realize that I bought two of the same book.  To be fair, they had different covers and I'd found them at the beginning and end of my book buying frenzy.  It shouldn't be a surprise.  Garrison is a bit of a weakness of mine.  He's rather brilliant in his creativity and improvisation.  So, perhaps I can start someone else on his writings by giving one of them away.  It was for a good cause at any rate.

So, now I have a good reading list to go into winter with.  I'm one happy girl!!  If you live in Indiana, you really should venture to Bloomington and check it out, it's pretty swell.

No comments: