Wednesday, May 11, 2011

From Where I Sit.

The pasture from where I'm typing this post (my house is in the background).

I'm introducing my goat girls slowly to the new baby. The easiest way to do that is take them all out to the east pasture and let them graze together while I play guardian if the baby feels he is being picked on. So this is my view this evening. I'm typing this as they eat. The bugs are eating me pretty well, but it's so nice out I am trying to ignore them. A wild rabbit just came within five feet of me and just stared, then hopped slowly past as if I was no threat. I appreciate that.

The girls aren't paying him much attention tonight. Last night, the Alpine kept chasing him, but I wasn't surprised because she chases the dogs and tries to butt them all the time. She's not nearly as mean tonight, but then again he's keeping his distance. The LaMancha is indifferent toward him. She just takes everything in stride. "Oh you bought another animal, alright." kind of mentality. I wish I had about 4 more just like her. Don't tell my husband, although he actually likes the goats more than any other animal on the place. They don't cost anything to feed, and they don't take up much room. Surely he wouldn't notice if a few more showed up, right?

No comments: